Purchasing homeowner’s insurance can get confusing. At SHIN & ASSOCIATES we understand this. Although you are not legally required to purchase home insurance as you are with car insurance, mortgage companies are requiring it as part of their finance agreements with home owners. If you are faced with the sometimes daunting task of shopping for homeowners insurance , don’t worry!
Homeowners coverage in NY is more than just property insurance, but it doesn’t have to be difficult to understand. Typically, a basic New York homeowners insurance policy will cover the following:
- The structure of your home
- Replacement costs
- Personal possessions (up to a set limit)
- Living expenses in case of a disaster
You can also add supplemental policies such as:
- Valuable Articles/Floater policies (i.e. Jewelry Insurance)
- Flood policies
- Earthquake policies
- Umbrella policies (additional liability)
- Animal Liability (liability issues due to household pets)
The needs of every home owner are different and your home insurance policy should reflect that. We will create a homeowners insurance policy that will best suit you and your family.